Ahhh again

A place for people working on their own addiction to post and share support, encouragement and recovery strategies. Partners of Addicts are strongly urged not to post on this forum.

Ahhh again

Postby Workingonit on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:12 pm

So I was doing great things where going really good. My SO was starting to connect with me again and well life was going fairly good for the most.

I relapsed. I let my guard down and convinced myself that life was going good. I got triggered by what I don't know and started using again.

I have been clean for 3 weeks now. Time to reset.
Getting right with life!!!
Workingonit
Your humble servant.

Re: Ahhh again

Postby Hope(less) on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:19 am

Thanks for your honesty and great that you are committed to getting on with recovery again.

I identify - I used to be triggered by the 'lows' (depression, anger, things going 'wrong', etc.) as well as by the 'highs' (things going 'well', successes at work, even simply the weekend coming at the end of a busy week.....). Today I try to live in the 'middle' as much as possible, and am careful with the perils of elation - I can get a high from that as much as from adrenaline, caffeine, etc. etc.
'I have dispelled your acts of revolt like a cloud, and your sins like a mist. Come back to me, for I have redeemed you.' (Isaiah 44:22)

6 years sober - sobriety medallion removed due to the fact that it ballooned - just like my ego :)
Hope(less)
Your humble servant.

Return to Recovering From Addiction