A Journal, 1dayatatime

For those who wish to keep a personal journal on their progressive victory, this is the section. You must be registered to post.

Re: A Journal, 1dayatatime

Postby 1dayatatime on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:51 pm

Yom Kippur begins at sundown. If I have wronged anyone here I ask for your forgiveness. I pray that each of you is ascribed for good in the Book of Life and, if it applies, may you have an easy fast. Shalom.
1dayatatime
Your humble servant.

Postby 1dayatatime on Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:44 pm

Things are going well. I am continuing to move forward in recovery.
1dayatatime
Your humble servant.

Postby 1dayatatime on Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:41 pm

I am tired. My current job is quite physically draining. This job is quite close from home and the hours are steady. So I am home more but usually am too tired to do much.
1dayatatime
Your humble servant.

Postby 1dayatatime on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:09 am

I was laid off from my job, but it's ok. I am simply waiting to hear when I will begin a new job I was offered. It is a better job. :D

My recovery is going great. I am dealing with matters in a more nature and wise way these days. I am relying on my Higher Power. (Baruch HaShem) Practice makes perfect.
Last edited by 1dayatatime on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1dayatatime
Your humble servant.

Postby 1dayatatime on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:09 pm

I begin my new job on the twenty third. It is exciting.

My recovery is on a sound foundation. One thing I do when temptation whispers, which thankfully isn't often and is lessening with growth, is to is it as a sign for introspection, not yielding. Usually when temptations come it indicates a circumstance of vulnerability. A devil will not attack when you are at your best. So when a temptation happens I ask myself questions: What is going on with these circumstances that cause me to be vulnerable? What character area needs examination and change? In Judaism we call the tempting spirit "yetzer hara", or evil inclination. Its job is to tempt us, and it does its job well. But it is thought to be a necessary spirit. We can use it to show us how to be a better person. But only if we listen to the harsh truth it is showing us about our flaws, instead of yielding to its call to go astray.
1dayatatime
Your humble servant.

Postby Hope(less) on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:03 pm

1dayatatime wrote:My recovery is on a sound foundation. One thing I do when temptation whispers, which thankfully isn't often and is lessening with growth, is to is it as a sign for introspection, not yielding. Usually when temptations come it indicates a circumstance of vulnerability. A devil will not attack when you are at your best. So when a temptation happens I ask myself questions: What is going on with these circumstances that cause me to be vulnerable? What character area needs examination and change?

I totally relate to this. I like to think of it as the snowball that starts rolling days or weeks before I realise I have gotten myself into trouble (usually emotionally first), and I only seem to become aware of it when the snowball has become an avalanche.
'I have dispelled your acts of revolt like a cloud, and your sins like a mist. Come back to me, for I have redeemed you.' (Isaiah 44:22)

6 years sober - sobriety medallion removed due to the fact that it ballooned - just like my ego :)
Hope(less)
Your humble servant.

Postby 1dayatatime on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:31 am

I will begin training on my new job tomorrow. The training is at center two hours drive from here. Twelve hour days and new job jitters, bring it.
1dayatatime
Your humble servant.

Postby 1dayatatime on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:58 pm

I have been so busy. I have been working 12 hour days most of the week, including today. Of course yesterday was Shabbat, so therefore no posting. Things are going well in recovery. I will be working more 12 hour days Tuesday through Friday. So I don’t know that I'll have much opportunity for posting. I am studying scripture more these days, though. :)
1dayatatime
Your humble servant.

Postby 1dayatatime on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:17 pm

I am stiil quite busy and quite sober. :)
1dayatatime
Your humble servant.

Postby Vesper on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:38 am

It's good to know you are still sober Oneday...V
Smiles are infectious so go and spread them...
Vesper
Your humble servant.

PreviousNext

Return to Recovery Journals