Vanquishing!

For those who wish to keep a personal journal on their progressive victory, this is the section. You must be registered to post.

Re: Vanquishing!

Postby Vesper on Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:40 am

Hello H,

Thank you for dropping in.

Just wondering how you are feeling now?

I am still coughing a bit. The stomach tablets have an after effect of having my mouth taste like soap.

Has SG said anything else to you on the matter?

I raised it with him. You are aware he still comes on to me from time to time? So, I deflected by saying not with a man who has hit on my daughter. He said he intended to say the scarf was big enough to be a dress.

Seriously weird behaviour, quite cringe making in fact.

I agree. This on the same day that he told me about a coach tour to Ireland and having asked me if I would like to go with him. He and I differ politically. So he had posted something twice on his newsfeed and a woman had liked it. In chatting the other day, he was flirting again. My default setting is he knows nothing will happen and to suggest he ask the woman who liked his posts as they are clearly aligned politically. Turns out she is married ...

Anyway, why would I spend a holiday with someone who doesn't spend time with me the rest of the time? I can see the irony here as you and I communicate solely through this forum, but solely online time with someone who lives ten or so miles away rather than face to face time is just ridiculous.

I've just about given up on Christmas.............

Ha! I think my Christmas spirit left yesterday at church. The woman who organsises church flowers got in early and took the larger amount of blossoms for her two arrangements. I was left with 3 white tulips, three tall things that hadn't opened yet and some chrysanthemums and I loathe them. Even with wiring the tulips were a flop.

The house is clean and the tree is up. All presents are wrapped and the second batch of mine pies are made. i shall make chocolate truffles today. I am doing tiramisu for dessert tomorrow with a chocolate log for stand by as the kids have't had tiramisu before. I fetch A back today and all my brood will be home.

I hope you are feeling a little more Christmassy now?

Love, V
Smiles are infectious so go and spread them...
Vesper
Your humble servant.

Postby Vesper on Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:41 am

Merry Christmas everyone. I wish peace to all who pass through <3
Vesper
Your humble servant.

Postby honeysuckle on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:30 am

Vesper wrote:....I agree. This on the same day that he told me about a coach tour to Ireland and having asked me if I would like to go with him. He and I differ politically. So he had posted something twice on his newsfeed and a woman had liked it. In chatting the other day, he was flirting again. My default setting is he knows nothing will happen and to suggest he ask the woman who liked his posts as they are clearly aligned politically. Turns out she is married ...

Anyway, why would I spend a holiday with someone who doesn't spend time with me the rest of the time? I can see the irony here as you and I communicate solely through this forum, but solely online time with someone who lives ten or so miles away rather than face to face time is just ridiculous.

Yes I can understand this. If the day to day conversation and closeness isn’t happening then a holiday in Ireland would seem a little false to me.

Ha! I think my Christmas spirit left yesterday at church. The woman who organsises church flowers got in early and took the larger amount of blossoms for her two arrangements. I was left with 3 white tulips, three tall things that hadn't opened yet and some chrysanthemums and I loathe them. Even with wiring the tulips were a flop.

The flower group work on a rota and the team for that week gets together at the same time and do the whole church. Much nicer to be in a group. My flower arranging skills are non-existent so I envy you.

The house is clean and the tree is up. All presents are wrapped and the second batch of mine pies are made.

This made me chuckle – mine all mine! I’m like you I love baking on Christmas Eve. I’ve made some mince pies and they are a disaster, lucky h loves them whatever they are like. I followed a different recipe and it seemed to use lots of fat. But it was correct, now the pies are that very fine crispy texture. So I’m make more for Boxing Day.

i shall make chocolate truffles today. I am doing tiramisu for dessert tomorrow with a chocolate log for stand by as the kids have't had tiramisu before. I fetch A back today and all my brood will be home.

That makes me heart glad for you.
I love homemade truffles. Send some down the wire please?

I used to make Tiramisu and a friend once told me I’d made the best she’d ever eaten but I’ve not made it for years. I cheated like heck as well to make it. Used white wine in whipped cream.

I hope you are feeling a little more Christmassy now?

The house smells of Christmas and I’ve just watched Christmas carols on BBC1. Do you watch Carols from Kings? We’ve got Carols playing gently so I do feel very Christmassy.
I think one of my all time favourite carols is Hark the Herald Angels sing.
I can’t hear the verse ‘Pleased as man with man to dwell, Jesus our Emmanuel’. without wanting to cry. It just speaks to me so much.

Love to you at Christmas
Hxxxxx
honeysuckle
Your humble servant.

Postby Vesper on Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:51 am

Hello Honeysuckle,

Thank you for dropping by.

Yes I can understand this. If the day to day conversation and closeness isn’t happening then a holiday in Ireland would seem a little false to me.

Exactly and very well put. We don't even get on very well online. I don't know if he wants to shock, annoy or what. I had returned from my voluntary work a week ago last Thursday and he started messaging me. He and PaulS chat a lot about Trump. PaulS believes Trump is God's chosen for the US and SG disagrees. PaulS had sent SG and me two videos...one on Trump and another on what the Bible says about Aliens. The latter was 40 minutes long and I didn't have the time to watch it, so I watched the one on Trump (6 mins). First of all SG starts on about Jehovah's Witnesses and I didn't hear that in the video so I asked which one and he suggested I watch them both. I said I wasn't watching the 40 minute one as it was too long and could he fill me in on what it said. He started in about how I should watch them both and I simply wrote that I felt tired and unwell. He then said he would back off. So, he must have some awareness of how irritating he is being? Next day he started in again about watching the long video and then he said I was trying to get it out of him what was in it. This is rubbish as I really, really didn't care.

The flower group work on a rota and the team for that week gets together at the same time and do the whole church. Much nicer to be in a group. My flower arranging skills are non-existent so I envy you.

It's the same at our church and we were all decorating the church together. The organiser's displays are almost all flowers with little foliage and the rest are the other way round. My kids liked what I did with what I had though :)

This made me chuckle – mine all mine!

Whoops :oops: ;) Your mince pies sound delicious :)

I love homemade truffles. Send some down the wire please?

Okay :) They went down very well...

I used to make Tiramisu and a friend once told me I’d made the best she’d ever eaten but I’ve not made it for years. I cheated like heck as well to make it. Used white wine in whipped cream.

It sounds delicious :)

The house smells of Christmas and I’ve just watched Christmas carols on BBC1. Do you watch Carols from Kings? We’ve got Carols playing gently so I do feel very Christmassy.
I think one of my all time favourite carols is Hark the Herald Angels sing.
I can’t hear the verse ‘Pleased as man with man to dwell, Jesus our Emmanuel’. without wanting to cry. It just speaks to me so much.

It all sounds so very lovely. I watched Carols from Kings yesterday after reading your post. Also lovely...

Love to you at Christmas

And to you my good friend.

V
Vesper
Your humble servant.

Postby Vesper on Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:06 am

I went to the gym on the 23rd and SG was there. I left whilst he was showering and he sent me a message afterwards saying how he had been going to offer me a lift home. Why didn't he do that before showering then?

We differ politically. On Christmas Eve he sent me a link about a politician I dislike. A discussion of sorts ensued where he basically denied the facts I presented. Well, if those facts were wrong why did Radio 4 news have a whole segment on the 120 000 children who are spending Christmas in temporary homes? Then he eventually said that for the sake of our friendship we shouldn't discuss politics. The discussion continued yesterday and he said I was naive and foolish :evil: I retorted that he wouldn't be wanting to hang out with someone like that. This was on Fb messenger.

I sent a text saying that despite everything I hoped he had a lovely time with his daughter. He is with the one in the south. He later replied that he didn't know what I meant about 'despite everything'. I guess he doesn't see name calling and put downs as unhelpful in a friendship.

I picked up Ay from the station and R from her dad's on Christmas Eve and dropped a present off at a friend's. I told her briefly what had happened and she reckons he sent the link simply to cause trouble.

Sadly, it did impact on my Christmas. His behaviour is hurtful. He spent a day with his local daughter and another day having a five hour lunch with a friend with a lot of drinking (he took the bus to the city), yet it's as if he thinks giving me a lift of a few hundred yards is enough to keep me interested enough to go on holiday with him? Besides, I really don't need the aggravation of this stupid friendship where we just talk online.
Vesper
Your humble servant.

Postby honeysuckle on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:36 pm

Hello V,

Wishing you a Happy New Year.

We had a very quiet Christmas which was probably exactly what we needed.

I hope you enjoyed your Christmas.

I struggled to get off the couch, felt like I was taking root there.

I taped lots of MR James ghost stories and have been watching them, reading, eating and doing puzzles.

love to you
H
honeysuckle
Your humble servant.

Postby Vesper on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:00 am

Hello Honeysuckle,

Happy New Year to you too. I am sorry for the struggles you have experienced recently, and appreciate you being here with all that going on.

We had a very quiet Christmas which was probably exactly what we needed.

I hope you enjoyed your Christmas.

I mostly enjoyed Christmas once I shook off the fly in the ointment. Ay and M were home for much longer this year that the usual 3-4 days. It was a very busy week with cooking etc and hanging out. I loved it :) R and I sat up really late watching one of the BBC's box sets online. Happy Valley. I am not used to rolling into bed at 2 am :shock:

I taped lots of MR James ghost stories and have been watching them, reading, eating and doing puzzles.

Sounds lovely... a week to chill out. I have been cutting back (food wise) since yesterday and will face the scales next Monday.

Love to you too,

V
Vesper
Your humble servant.

Postby Vesper on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:22 am

On the whole, this has been a wonderful Christmas season. R? She has had some woes and I was up until 3 am on Sunday morning listening to her. Yes, it's bloke trouble and her not being treated as well as she would like. Yes, he does headline things, but he won't establish her as his girlfriend but acts like she is (hand holding, hugging kissing etc.). He had arranged to see various mates over Christmas and she was asking for some time (I know, too sad she has to ask!) and whilst being very sweet during that time he went off to see a friend for a two hour lunch :shock: She told me a lot about the background to their relationship. About how he tried to entice her away from another bf and when she was with a bloke who was VERY keen on her, he basically advised her to break up with him. She was unsure how she felt about the other guy but this bloke didn't give her the chance to find out. She realises it might be old patterns repeating itself in terms of her relationship with her dad but she still loves him. She cried for hours.

My middle niece J threw a clanger at Aa on New Year's Eve. Sent a long text message that was largely flannel, but then accused her dad and Aa of being responsible for the threatened miscarriage she experienced in the early stages of her last pregnancy whilst saying she knew Aa didn't mean to though? Apparently J expects some kind of apology for something Aa doesn't even know that she has done. I spent much of New Year's Eve chatting with Aa. Her h listened too and sent a short message to the effect that they were accused of causing a threatened miscarriage and there was no coming back from that. They took my advice about keeping it brief but the content was their own.

My own concerns? I have seen two locum GPs who have each said I should be referred for tests for my lungs. Yet my GP has been talking about having my vocal chords checked then my stomach. I have been taking PPIs for a month and have experienced difficulty in swallowing, and sometimes have felt like I was choking just drinking water. Yet, I still cough....

I feel a bit better just two days after the course finished in terms of not choking etc. We are being asked to stay away from GPs this month if we can help it as the NHS is struggling to cope. I shall see how it goes.
Vesper
Your humble servant.

Postby Vesper on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:51 am

I had some sad news last night. Aunt S, who looked after mum when she was ill and dying, is unlikely to last the weekend. I will be heading to Ireland. Prayers appreciated. She has battled with fibrosis for so long.
Vesper
Your humble servant.

Postby honeysuckle on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Vesper wrote:I had some sad news last night. Aunt S, who looked after mum when she was ill and dying, is unlikely to last the weekend. I will be heading to Ireland. Prayers appreciated. She has battled with fibrosis for so long.

Hello V,

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Safe journey and my prayers are with you.

love H
honeysuckle
Your humble servant.

PreviousNext

Return to Recovery Journals